Monday, March 22, 2021

LEARNING LOOKS DIFFERENT

When I first heard about this program I didn't think it was going to be any different from any other school program I mean after all it is a school program. The first day of class in OSLA felt really good it actually felt different at first I didn't really know exactly it was different but It just felt different. But as time went on I really started noticing what exactly was the difference. What's the difference? well, there's a lot but the main difference is the way the teacher and the learner communicate. You probably didn't notice I said learner instead of student and well that's one of the differences, The teacher doesn't treat us as students. why? well because students are people that sit, stay quiet, and listen to whatever the teacher is saying. A  learner is someone that talks and communicates with the teacher about the topic. A learner doesn't sit there and watch, a learner will take part in the activity or topic and learn more about what is going on. I have learned a lot this semester but one of the most important things I learned was how to communicate. In school you don't really learn how to communicate correctly, In class, you're not really able to talk to your teacher one on one but in OSLA I was able to have those one on one conversations. I've also been learning more about videography which is something I was not able to learn at all in normal courses especially since the school itself doesn't have any classes for videography so overall I've learned a lot in OSLA  and I am excited about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY LIGHTBULB MOMENT

Today I learned the name for an iconic effect used in photos, Im talking about the Ken burn effect which is where you add movement to still ...